Private Yoga Instruction in Jersey City, NJ and New York City
I teach privately in Jersey City and Hudson County, New Jersey, New York City, and elsewhere by arrangement.
Traditionally, yoga was not taught in group classes but handed down from teacher to student one-on-one.
Private instruction may be best for you if:
- you are new to yoga
- you are very busy and cannot attend group classes
- you seek consistency and want to work with one person who will come to know and understand you and your body
- you are not resonating with the experience in group class. Perhaps it feels competitive or you feel you are pushing too hard
- you prefer your practice to be private or held in the comfort of your own home
- you feel like you have reached a plateau in your practice or you need a new perspective on certain poses or your practice overall
- you are recovering from injury or any other special condition which requires greater observation of your practice
All yogis, whether brand new beginners or seasoned, can benefit from the individual attention in private yoga instruction.
If you are curious whether private yoga would be a good match for you, please fill out the form below.
I will tailor private sessions to your specific needs. Some of the areas we can focus on include posture, proper sitting/standing/walking form, body awareness, strength, healing, improving range of motion, stress relief, yoga for depression or anxiety, and self-care practices. I teach yoga in Jersey City, New Jersey and New York City, and specialize in Forrest Yoga, alignment-based vinyasa yoga, and Yin Yoga. I can incorporate any of these approaches into a personally designed private yoga session.
I teach pranayama (breath work) and offer instruction and guidance in meditation. I also offer Thai Massage sessions and Myo-Fascial Release bodywork, modalities which are wonderful combined with a regular yoga practice.
My rates start at $140 per session. I can take 1 or 2 students per year at a reduced rate if you would like to study privately with me but my regular rate is out of reach (currently filled; please email me if you would like to be put on the waitlist). Private students are eligible for a 25% discount on thai massage. Private yoga/thai massage combo packs are discounted 15%
For more information about designing a private yoga curriculum, please contact me. I am also available as a yoga coach to meet with you either in person or via Skype, Google Chat, telephone, or any other way we can be in contact. Namaste.